Saturday, December 5, 2009

Queueing for tickets for The First Emperor exhibition, British Museum?

I and a friend want to go see the First Emperor exhibition at the British Museum round abouts the 4th December. I know 500 tickets are released every morning. So my question is how early will we have to queue in the morning to be able to get 2 tickets?



Queueing for tickets for The First Emperor exhibition, British Museum?opera mobile



On the day I went (late September) I got there about ten minutes after it opened. I couldn't tell you about numbers, but the tickets are timed entry and when I got to the front of the queue (which moves pretty quickly) the earliest time I could get was 11:20.



Extrapolating from that, I'd guesstimate that they'd be sold out by eleven - then again, it's possible that there's just a glut of people waiting when the doors open and then it tapers off. And it may be less popular now that it's been showing for a while.



If you don't mind buying your ticket and then going and doing something else until your time comes around, then you don't need to be waiting with your nose pressed to the door for it to open, but at the same time I wouldn't risk showing up mid-morning, especially if it's the only day you can see it.



It's cool, but half the "wow" factor of the terracotta army is the sheer number of them and of course the exhibition only has a couple of dozen. I wasn't sure it was worth the money - until I saw that the Tutankhamun exhibition at the O2 is costing twenty quid. Twenty quid!! But that's a rant for another day.



Queueing for tickets for The First Emperor exhibition, British Museum?imax theatre opera theater



Why don't you just buy them online in advance?



http://www.britishmuseum.org/whats_on/al...
I was there yesterday (Monday) and they were sold out at 11.30. Girl on desk said re. 500 tickets "we open at nine but maybe you will want to be early" when I asked about weekends, maybe weekdays are safer.
Book them in advance - from the



British Museum and spend a weekend



in London (take in a show)



When we were at the BM the tickets where



sold from 09.15 onwards

2 comments:

  1. Hey, it's the Bulls game. Bulls tickets If you're a die-hard Bulls fan, any game at the UC is awsome, especially when they win!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. at the same time I wouldn't risk showing up mid-morning, https://socalseats.com/ucla-bruins-basketball-tickets

    ReplyDelete

 
Ltd